Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dumb Ideas

"An expert is a person who avoids small error as he sweeps on to the grand fallacy." - Benjamin Stolberg

"Mistakes are a part of being human.  Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.  Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from." - Al Franken

So, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I made a dumb mistake in 2012.  Thinking that I was tired of not being able to find my own works under my own name (well, not without searching through 8 or 9 pages of Stephen King books that were actually written by someone else), I changed everything to TOSK.  Now, I can find my own books.  Problem is, it seems that nobody else can.  I neglected to take into account that people browsing Amazon are for the most part looking for something interesting to read, rather than looking for books by TOSK.

I also apparently disconnected all of the search engine optimization work I'd had going for me. 

Ah, well.  Back to using my real name, I go.  I've found that I could have accomplished the same by naming a second author on each book, so they're searchable by either name.

Life, and business, are all about making mistakes, though.  As Al Franken is quoted as saying above, mistakes are there for us to learn from.

And others made grander mistakes than I. To wit:
CNN's Top 10 Tech 'Fails' of 2012

Have a great day!

- TOSK

No comments:

Post a Comment