Thursday, December 29, 2011

Two books

So, I started the elf book tonight.  It's been in my head mulling around for a month and a half, and it's been on several pieces of paper for nearly the same amount of time.  I love the first chapter, and I love the way the story unfolds in my head.  I'm really going to have fun writing this. 

Only problem is I'm three chapters into my other book.  Even at my longest periods of writing, I didn't mix the first two books I wrote.  I'm told that it can be dangerous, mixing both story lines and voices. 

Ah, well--it's a learning process, no?  I still haven't completed the first million words that I'm supposed to throw away, anyway. 

That said, I'm going to start my word count entries at the bottom of the blog again.  I doubt any of my readers really care what the word counts are, but it serves as a great source of accountability for me. 

2012 should be a great year for writing! 

-TOSK

Word Count:
Atlantis: 2294
Elf:  531

No comments:

Post a Comment