Friday, September 14, 2012

A Change of Name - TOSK

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." - Andy Warhol

There's a lot to be said for not fearing change, for relishing it as a way to go forward, and so on.

But not today. Today I'm announcing my own change.  Zip on over to my author site, www.TheOtherStephenKing.com, for details, but here's the skinny: I changed my name.

Well, sort of.  I changed the name that's featured on the front of my books, and I also changed the name readers will search for me at Ama--er, book-selling websites--under.  Why?  Well, mainly because I got tired of telling folks who couldn't find my books to search for my name and the book title, because if you don't, their search engines disregard the middle initial and find the guy who's been selling books for 40 years, and all 8 or 9 pages of his books.

That, and I like the sound of "TOSK."  Been signing blog entries that-a-way for months now.

If you've already purchased a copy of one of my e-books, the cover image won't refresh to the new one; sorry.  Let me know if you want and I'll send you a .jpg of the new one, or you can relish the old version as an itty-bitty bitmap of future-collectable pixels.  Same with the paperbacks--cover doesn't refresh.  And same deal--I'll be happy to send you a .jpg of the new cover.

So anyway--off I go, into the brave new world.  Same writing, different name. 

-TOSK

Whatcha think?

1 comment: