Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Contest!

My book is out!  My book is out!

There's something absolutely whoop-n-holler exciting about seeing your book cover with your authorial name on a page at Amazon.com.  True, I don't get the opportunity to see it on the shelves of Barnes & Noble at this point--probably won't ever with Trestle, since they focus on e-publishing--but it's still incredibly wonderfully joyfully exciting.  I was on Cloud 9 all day today, and it wasn't even just the cold medicine causing it.



So what's the contest, you say?  It's pretty simple, really.  All I'm looking for you to do is help me spread the word about my book.  Many of you would have done so anyway, I hope.  You would've, right?  I mean, it's what readers do.  I still remember when a roommate told me about this new series by a guy I'd never heard of named Robert Jordan that was pretty cool.  Another good friend was the guy who introduced me to both Dragonlance and Drizzt Do'urden.

So here's the deal.  To enter the contest, you have to tell friends about my book using "social media"--Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.  Please copy me in the messages (with an @ sign) or if that doesn't work send me a note that you've done so.  Yes, I'll take your word for it.

That's all.  Just mention my book.

What do you get?  Well, for each time you mention the book, you get your name into a hat at the end of the period (I'll say December 9, to pick a nice round number).  After, I'll draw, and the three names I draw get to name a major character in an upcoming book.  The intent, of course, is for you to name the character after yourself, but I decided to give you a little bit of freedom.  You don't HAVE to choose your own name.  I just kind of figure you will.

One catch, though: I get to choose the character and have final veto authority on the name.  I won't be asinine about it, of course, but I refuse to have a female elf named Herbert in my book.

So--how's that?  Easy to do?  Comment below if you have any questions or suggestions, and in the meantime, thank you!

-TOSK

2 comments: