Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Let Me Hear Your Body Talk? No, Thanks

I grew up a bright-eyed child of the 70's and 80's, decades when Grease was The Movie and Olivia Newton-John was The Singer.  I'll never forget how much fun we had dancing to "Physical." 

"Let's get physical, physical,
I wanna get physical, let's get into physical.
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk,
Let me hear your body talk."

When you're a late teen or early twenty-something,  "let me hear your body talk" means something--well, physical.  Physically emotional.  Erotic, even.  "Ooh, baby, let me hear your body talk," was admittedly something I never, ever, had the guts to say to a woman, but there's no question what I'd've meant if I had mustered the courage to speak aloud such hypnotic eroticism.

Now, in my forties, I really don't want to hear anybody's body talk.  Nope, sorry, not interested in anything it's got to say or the aromas that might go along with it.

Slightly less annoying is that song by Wham that was quite popular back when I was--um, very, very young, really, I was.  You know the one, right?  We all cringe when we hear it cranking up at karaoke night, because we know that after the guy singing it goes through a few catchy lines about waking him up before the song's target can go-go (a line that has an extra meaning or two, itself), he's gonna lean back and, depending on how drunk he is, wail out a horribly off-key high note.

"I don't wanna miss it when you hit that hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh...." *screech*

High shouldn't be that high.  Nor, I must add, should most men's voices attempt be raised that high, no matter how--no, especially when drunk. 

But even when it's not a serious assault on the senses, it's got a double meaning hanging around in there, doesn't it?

What's your favorite double entendre?

- TOSK

No comments:

Post a Comment