Friday, March 9, 2012

Tee Gee Aye Eff

Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
~ Bill Waterson

Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
~John Shirley

Ahh, Friday.  A wonderful day, full of hope and promise and joy and fluffy tribbles, right?  What other day gets its own saying, thanking God or Goodness, or whatever other "G" word you wish to smack in there, for its very existence?

Fridays are a mixed bag for me.  The day always involves, at some point, me looking at the upcoming two days during which I technically don't have to go in to work and performing a schedule-check.  Last Friday, the schedule-check revealed: "Saturday: go in to work all day.  Sunday: go in to work all day, sucker."  Next week is--or was--supposed to be an accreditation visit, so if you'd asked me yesterday what this weekend looked like, it was the same.  But yesterday afternoon we got a reprieve.  The accreditation folks decided that it didn't make sense to visit us now, and come back in a year to look at the same things, when we really don't have any indicators saying that kind of repetitive (and expensively so) oversight is needed.  Next year is the big biggie visit, when we're applying to renew our accreditation, so I have to say that I agree with them.  Whew.

Still, there's lots of work left to be done this weekend.  There's schedules to write, reports to create, contracts to initiate--all stuff that having lots of people around who want to talk to me makes difficult.

That said, I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow with the RavenCon folks.  They're having a planning meeting for the April event, and I'm dragging Heide along to it to see if we can help out.  That, and I'm looking forward to continuing to get some writing done.  The second book's final revision is coming along both well and quickly, and I'm hoping that soon I can establish a date--hopefully late March or early April--for its release.


In the meantime, then--happy Friday!

-TOSK

No comments:

Post a Comment