Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mmm, coffee

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons." - T.S. Eliot

To repeat: mmm, coffee.

A long day yesterday kept me at work way too late.  That's just part of the job, but I found myself still singing with my inner muse when I got home at 11:00 pm.  Off I went, then, to revise, revise, revise. 

This morning, my alarm clock had a different chorus to sing.  "Stupid, stupid, stupid" it seemed to say.  Darn thing.  I'd toss it against the wall except that it's my cell phone too, and a darned expensive one at that.  Instead of violence, then, I greeted its insults with muffled curses and my old friend and reinforcement, coffee. 

I have to admit, I hit the snooze a few too many times, so I only have a couple of minutes to write.  Still, it's good to get even that short amount of time to sit and think and sip what I'm believing must be the most wondrous substance in the world.

Mmm, coffee.

I can't help but wonder how many of the great works have been written while their authors sipped on coffee. 

No matter.  I have my own efforts to get to.  It's time to spring up and get started starting. 

Have a great day!

-TOSK

No comments:

Post a Comment