Thursday, August 25, 2011

A changed direction, sort of

Hey, I didn't receive a rejection today!  I know, that shouldn't be noteworthy, but I've been three for three on the last few days, and so it was actually kind of nice to not need to tell myself to buck up and keep on keepin' on.  That said, it really shouldn't be noteworthy.  I sent out eleven queries to agents who claim to respond within a few weeks to a couple of months, if at all.  It's not surprising I got the outright, quickie rejections out of the way immediately. 

My plan, though, shifted.  A changed direction, sort of.  An ever-evolving approach to my dawning career, if you will. 

Initially, as in a couple of days ago, I'd started writing a short story in the hopes of being published by one of the magazines that currently do such things.  Today, though, I started really looking into "indie," or independent, publishing.  It's really fairly easy, much easier than being published by a magazine.  It can also be more financially rewarding, and less demanding on word count.  I think I'm going to go that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment