Thursday, March 3, 2011

A long week

Not quite 300 words written today.  I'm really slacking by the standards of that other Stephen King.  Personally, I don't mind much...worked another 12 hour day at my day job, so it's good to just sit and relax. 

Bought an audiobook today...yay.  Found it online for a few bucks, and it sounded interesting.  I don't read nearly enough to make myself a decent writer, and my half-hour drive to work is perfectly suited to listening to audiobooks.  All the books and blogs on writing I see say the same thing...if you're going to be a decent writer, you have to read a bunch.  It makes sense, really.  If you're going to be a decent anything, you have to read a bunch, and it's particularly important for writers to see how other writers lay out their plots, introduce and expand their characters, and begin and structure their books. 

Just like today was a short day of writing in which I nevertheless got some writing done, it's also a short day of blogging.  I'm looking forward to a much shorter day tomorrow, but my wife leaves for two weeks Sunday morning so I'll likely not get much writing at all done.  But that's OK.  I write to live, not the other way around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment