Sunday, April 20, 2014

Ravencon is Coming

Ravencon 2014 is coming, and soon, soon, soon!  That means, for me, that in just about a month less than a week we're gonna take the pilgrimage to Richmond, VA, to participate in this incredible conference.

(yes, I wrote this several weeks ago, but I've been a little out of the loop due to some personal struggles going on)

For those who haven't been there, it's a fantasy & sci fi weekend of bundled awesomeness.  During the weekend there's a dealer's room where you can buy all sorts of cute stuff and good books and other stuff, and a gaming room where you can enjoy just about any tabletop experience you desire, and then there are panel discussions on various topics going on all over the place.

I love the con, not just for what happens there, but for all the great staff and guests who will gather there.  The con staff are great people who I can't wait to see again.

That said, I love it this year even more because they've invited me to be the Fan Guest of Honor.  That means I will be on some of the panels--yay! What panels will I be on? Awfully glad you asked.  The schedule is out, and it's available on the web site at http://www.ravencon.com

Here is just the part I'm in:
10:00 am Saturday in Anna is Creating Believable Magic Systems.
8:00 pm Saturday in Anna is Princess Culture Pros/Cons.
Noon on Sunday in Anna is Fanfic
1:00 pm on Sunday in Room E is Xenolinguistics.

Which is the one I'm most excited about?  Can't tell you, because I've had my expectations blown away every time I've been to one of these things.  Still, I'm looking forward to all the discussions.

Can't wait.  Absolutely cannot wait.  I want Ravencon to happen tomorrow.

- TOSK

No comments:

Post a Comment