Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me: A NaNoWriMo Update

Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me,
Happy--um, yeah.

Another year older I am.  I joke about being 29 for the 17th time, but frankly I don't want to go back to that age.  I like being in my 40's, as I (think that I) am much smarter and more resolved than I ever was back in my 20's or 30's. 

Speaking of birthday, it's my intent to spend most of it with my loved ones rather than writing today, but I still had to make some progress on the NaNo effort.  I didn't post an update yesterday, because I was so busy trying to bust out as many words as possible, but the planning beforehand seems to have made a heckuva difference. 

Here are my current NaNoStats (and they'll probably remain my stats through the rest of the day):
Your Average Per Day 5,259
Words Written Today 5,169
Target Word Count 50,000
Target Average Words Per Day 1,667
Total Words Written 15,777
Words Remaining 34,223
Current Day 3
Days Remaining 28
At This Rate You Will Finish On November 10, 2013

I'm glad to read about the finish date, but the fact is that I'm looking at this story to reach 90-100K rather than 50K words, so I'll still need most of November even at the pace I'm on.  Frankly, I don't see how that's possible, either; 5,000 words a day while working during the week is pretty tough. 

Still, I'm gonna try.

- TOSK

No comments:

Post a Comment