Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Perseverance

"The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places." - Unknown

"He conquers who endures." - Perseus

----------------

So, this blog post is being written late today.  Generally I'll get up early and get a start on it, finish and revise over lunch, and push them out to the great world-wide web immediately or a bit later in the afternoon.  Not today, though.

I'm flat exhausted.

There's no particular reason for it; I've just been putting in 12 and 13 hour days at work and doing a lot of writing.  After working through the weekend, I worked from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm yesterday and then went home.  Spent some time with my sweetie watching a movie, and then revised the book for a couple of hours.  Finally went to bed late and then I had to get up earlier than normal in order to get in to work as the doors opened.

Ugh.

But I have to write.  Part of it is because I set a goal to do this every day, and by goodness sakes I'm gonna do it.  The other part, though, is that I've come to truly love my writing time, no matter how tired I am, and it's become much more do-able.  At first, in the early times of the blog, I had several days when I was too tired to come up with a topic, much less expound upon it.  But just like doing pushups regularly leads to the ability to do more pushups, so too does writing regularly lead to the ability to spin a line of crap no matter how tired you are.

Put simply, it really does get easier.

And now, I'm off to revise this book some more.  Book 3 will come out soon, I promise!

- TOSK

No comments:

Post a Comment